The Corner House

My neighbor said the house stood on the corner for more than 60 years.
It's gone now, torn down be a mere bulldozer. All traces tossed in a huge dumpster.
I wondered who lived there? What memories are in that dumpster? How did such a house with charm become rubbish?

Things vanish or become obsolete when people stop taking care of what is theirs. Such is the case on the corner house. But it leaves new opportunity for new. And Pittsburgh is becoming "cared for" more and more. It is.

1 comment:

imapsny said...

HI!

I am a Pittsburgh resident that is currently struggling with the city and Georgia Power. PCIA, Cleta Winslow, and Dunbar are of little or no assistance to us.

I have not had utilities on in several months because of mortgage fraud involving the landlord whom I rented my house from.

The city has finally agreed to put my water back on and now I am having to face a code violation ticket for not having utilities.

I LOVE PITTSBURGH!

I am planning a community event to assist us Pittsburgh residents with winter items and things.

Please contact me: 713-987-4092 or imapsny@yahoo.com